Want to import Opera MBS file to Thunderbird? If so, a complete solution to migrate Opera MBS to Thunderbird without any data loss?
“I’ve been using Opera mail for few month now, but a few days ago we decided not to do it.” I want to switch to Thunderbird. At the same time, I want to change my Opera email to T-bird. Can you give me a best solution to transfer Opera MBS into Thunderbird?
“”we use Opera quite a bit, both personally and professionally. then I want to transfer from Opera email file to Thunderbird. But as you can see, I want to share some of my Opera emails. I read on a forum that I need to import MBS files to Thunderbird. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to convert .mbs files to MBOX mode. Can anyone tell me the way to import opera files into MBOX?
Are you someone looking for a solution to the same question? If yes, then you have landed on the troubleshooting page. In this editorial, we will discuss an intuitive way to import Opera .mbs to .mbox files in Mozilla Thunderbird. However, before entering the troubleshooting section, users should have an understanding of the MBS file format. So, let’s begin.
Regarding MBS Data
MBS files are different from MBOX files. Files are created in Opera Mail and contain Opera emails. Therefore, importing MBS files from Opera Mail to Thunderbird is easy.
Why Need to Import Opera MBS File to Thunderbird
- Technical support for Opera Mail is no longer available.
- Thunderbird offers regular updates and add-ons. All of these are missing from Opera Mail.
- Synchronizing data into Opera Mail is a time-consuming transaction.
- Opera does not provide signatures for stored messages.
How to Transfer Opera MBS to Thunderbird Profile
There is only one way to go from Opera MBS to Thunderbird, and the process consists of two parts. The first part is to drag and drop files from Opera Mail to MBS file format and then import the MBS files into Thunderbird.
Steps to Export MBS Files from Opera Mail:
- Open your Opera Mail and select the folder you want to import into Thunderbird.
- Right-click the selected folder and click Export.
- Save the MBS file with an appropriate name in the desired location.
Now that you know how to extract MBS files from Opera Mail, let’s go to the Thunderbird export method.
Import Opera MBS File to Thunderbird via Thunderbird Importer Software
SysTools Thunderbird Import Wizard Tool that allows you to easily import one or more MBS files into Thunderbird. It also supports transfer of Opera Mail emails and all attachments. This tool helps to import selected emails from MBS files and import subfolders with date filters. The folder structure and file integrity of MBS files are preserved during import. Therefore, users can use Thunderbird Import Wizard to open .mbs files in Thunderbird without the risk of data loss.
- Install the Thunderbird Import Wizard and launch the tool
- Now Click on the Add file Button to upload MBS
- Browse and choose a specific file to add to the software, then click the Open button
- Next, MBS email file will be added to the software interface. Then click Next to continue
- Now you can define optional filters to import data from the added file
- Click Import tab to start the import process.
- Now you are done. We will warn you about this in the message.
Most Important Features of the Software
This device has many exciting features such as:
- This tool is compatible with all versions of Thunderbird, including Thunderbird 68
- Moreover, it is 100% virus and malware free software with the possibility of data loss.
- Opera MBS files and their subfolders are also available in Mozilla Thunderbird
- There is an Add Folder option here. This allows you to add multiple MBS files to your device at once
- This tool can import all types of MBOX, EML, Maildir, MBS, SBD files into Thunderbird
- You can send emails from this app on specific dates of your choice by using that date filter option
- Import MBS emails with all types of attachments into Thunderbird
- Date filter option to export selected emails from MBOX files
- A function to maintain the folder structure of the source MBOX/MBS files
- Full preservation of metadata after adding MBOX to Thunderbird
- It also preserves the original folder hierarchy of MBS and other files after import as before the migration process.
- Compatibility of operating system Windows 11, 10 and other minor versions
In this article, we will learn how users can import opera MBS file to Thunderbird email accounts instantly. We enlisted the help of the powerful Thunderbird Importer tool. This allows us to transfer only 25 emails from each Opera MBS file folder. To transfer an unlimited number of mailbox items, users must activate the software. It is easier to use and offers 100% safe and accurate results. You can check the progress of the software with the free demo edition.